Monday, June 18, 2007

The Crafty Side

I'm going to take this free moment to post a craft I did last month for my mom. My children are out hunting lions in the jungle of Africa with rifles right now. Well OK so they're in the living room hunting the dogs with broken table legs. They get mighty creative when you take electronics away for a week! ;-)

So back to this craft. A friend of ours was bringing her stained glass equiptment and taught us all how to do it. I looked forever for a design and told my friend what I was looking for and she found this.

I did some things and changed the colors to represent Lung Cancer, which was the one she battled with. The ribbons represent the 5 years they tell you it takes to really be able to take a breath and say "I beat this thing once and for all"

After 12 long hours (a very entertaining story - remind me to tell you) and many cuts later this was the result:



And the really neat thing was she received it on the 4 year anniversary that we found out about the cancer. I couldn't have planned that if I tried. ;-)

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!! how cool is that? Sunshine

Dy said...

Oh, Jess. That is beautiful - both the glass, and the story.
Dy