Friday, May 18, 2007

Just got caught up on American Idol *spoiler*

And I guess it's sad how much that show can affect me. I cried real tears for Melinda. First when she went home and was SO overwhelmed by the support and then when she got voted off. I don't want to be rude, and in the off chance Blake or someone who knows Blake was googling and came across this blog I don't want to say anything hurtful or malicious, because I don't mean it that way. But Melinda and Blake are like Filet Mignon and Hamburger. They're both good and I would be happy sitting to either but there's a different expectation I guess is what I'm trying to say. Blake is fun, cute, energetic, young, creative, & entertaining. Melinda just makes the hairs on your neck stand up. She's that good. But I'm guessing a lot of the voters are youngish which would explain it. But I thought for sure it would be Melinda and Jordan and I'd bet anything so did all 3 of them. I know she'll move on to bigger and better things and I look forward to buying many amazing CD's. But she's the kind of woman I wish I could be and the kind of woman I pray my daughters become. Graceful, kind, humble, happy, blessed. I'll miss you Melinda!

OK - speaking of American Idol rejects (yeah, I bounce back quick haha) do y'all remember Mandisa from last season? Adorable, happy, outgoing Christian, she sang a Christian "Mary, Mary" song on the show in fact. I *loved* her. WEll, she's coming out with an album this summer - her song, "Only the World" is already playing on the Christian station. I can't help but dance when I hear it. Emily, you may not want to listen to it in public - haha. But anyway, listen to it at her Myspace site and click on "Only the World" if it's not the song playing. I promise you'll feel like dancing!

Based of the fact I was crying like a baby all during American Idol and I've been kind of snappish with everyone around me I'm guessing I'll be paid a visit tomorrow but an unwelcome wench. *sigh* It's kind of sad when you know it's coming and all your husband can think is "better get a last minute quickie in then". ROFL Sorry, TMI? I'm amusing myself.

1 comment:

Rebel said...

I loved Melinda too!

"better get a last minute quickie in then" okaaaaaaaay - I think I would be tempted to hand him a jar of Vaseline and give him some privacy.