Friday, May 25, 2007

A definate sign you have lots of children...

Most of the time I still feel 17. Of course a wiser 17 but still youthful nonetheless. Then I pass by my reflection and secretely mock the pudgy woman with all the children attached to her legs until I realize it's ME. ;-)

We bought a 12p van a few months ago. The kids call it our "church bus". They like it because we can fit friends in the car now. I like it because we don't get tickets for speeding in a "church bus".

I snuck out to the grocery store by myself this afternoon and left the kids with DH. Much to my dismay the elderly gentleman insisted on bringing my groceries out to the van. It's not that I'm anti-social, I enjoy talking to people. It wasn't even that my van was messy, today it actually wasn't. But I just hate when they force me to let them bring my groceries out. It's a pet peeve - I don't know why. It's just awkward.

After convincing the gentleman that there wasn't in fact, any room for the groceries in the very back of the van he finally brought it to the passenger side. I went to help put the bags in but was shunned from that too. *sigh* When I opened the door he said, "Where is everyone?". I told him they were at home with daddy. He looked at me kind of funny and then said, "Oh, I thought you were with the group home!" LOL

That's in the top 10 list of signs you have lots of kids. When strangers assume you're toting around the group home in your van.

1 comment:

melissa said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Too funny! Congrats on getting out by yourself!