Thursday, May 10, 2007

Man I'm getting old...

I freecycle'd wanting a VCR locally. A gentleman answered that he had one and today I went to pick it up in a public parking lot. I was in the middle of cleaning, cooking, & I haven't had time to shower today. I pulled my hair back, threw on some OK smelling clothes on and ran out the door, baby in tow. He was standing by his car holding the VCR and man was he eye candy. Shirt and tie, hair perfect, sweet & smiling. Do you know why I'm upset? Because my first thought was, "I wonder if he's single" and I promptly called my mom on the way home. My single mom to taunt her that if she was living here she could have been with me. I looked frumpy and unkempt and just terrible and I didn't even care. I'm married, I have 5 children, I don't have time for anything else. It's a good thing I know but it is kind of sad. My mom did tell me to drive back and leave her e-mail address with him but I didn't do it. LOL

-------------

2 other families and myself do this Girl Scout alternative with our girls called "Keepers of their Homes". It's in the desperate hope that our girls will be more together than any of us are by the time they're married and managing their own homes. So yesterday we talked about Fire Safety in the home. And today my oldest daughter has become the fire safety nazi and I think I regret educating her. "Mom, this smoke detector was laying on the floor in the closet" "Oh...er...um...uh...it's an old one honey!"
"Mom, the one by the kitchen is hanging open with no battery"
"Uh yeah, mom got tired of listening to it every time she cooks honey"
Yeah, I'm a hypocrite. Get used to it kids.

5 comments:

Rebel said...

Fire Safety Nazi - That is too funny. You should make her a badge.

andie said...

Oooh. If you make badges, send one to John.

We gave him the job of reminding us to change the batteries on New Year's and his birthday (roughly every half year) to shut him up, I mean, channel his interest and told him to go practice stopping, dropping, and rolling. Outside.

Michele said...

... or you get the carbon monoxide detector you bought almost a year ago together only to find the only outlet you can plug it into is accessible to a toddler. A toddler who loves to continually press the test button after seeing Daddy do it once. Never have I known a kid who loves loud noises like Abby does.

Re: The cute guy ... I feel ya. Try to make up for it by equally oogling women and pointing them out to James who just laughs at me.

I swear I"m replying to your email today. I swear!!! :D

J-Lynn said...

LOL Mox, DH and I just play the "Can those boobs be real?" game. A lot actually, it's a college town. LOL

ROFL@badges guys. You don't know my daughter, she does NOT need encouragement. When she went with our friend to get her ears pierced (and I wasn't there to defend myself) she was asked by the young saleswoman if she liked school. "Ohhhh my mom never teaches me ANYthing" was her answer. I swear it's not true. *sigh*

andie said...

And another thing... a VCR?! When I read VCR I thought *that* was why you felt old! ;)