Friday, May 18, 2007

Worship 'til your heart explodes

Our 9yo son was watching American Idol with me tonight and he turns to me and says, "Mom, you should really come to church early enough to hear them sing, the music makes your heart feel like it's coming out of your chest."

Yeah, because of our late schedule it's quite difficult to get us and all the kids up and ready for Sunday School so we have friends pick up our oldest and bring him early to class. He gets up bright and early, gets showered/dressed/fed pretty much on his own (I stand in the corner and mumble once in awhile coffee-in-hand), eagerly. DH and I head over for the main service but we usually miss the music.

DH reflected with me tonight after I told him what our son said. He said when he was a boy he went to church to hang out with his friends, he wanted nothing to do with the worship/praise/studying part. We both think it's pretty cool that our son does care about what should be the most important aspect in a church: praising, worshipping, and learning about God.

Sometimes I feel like our kids are turning out right in spite of us instead of partly because of us, especially lately. God is definately graceful. :-)

No comments: