Saturday, March 10, 2007

Chicken Fried Crazy

Yeah OK so I'm a Yankee transplant, a happily transplanted Yank btw. The ironic thing is I've developed thicker skin living down here than I did back North. I was quite often in the fetal position crying my eyes out back home. Recently DH and I heard that the common Southern saying, Bless your heart actually means You're an idiot. We're slowly getting "the code".

Anyway, I use many non politically correct terms from time to time and one of them is hillbilly. I've become a rather happy one myself as I eluded to in an earlier post. So, what am I blabbering about?

The kids and I went shopping tonight. We were all tired and I didn't feel like doing a ton of dishes and I swear the tv dinner aisle was glowing when we walked by. I heard a Hallejuiah chorus in my head as my kids said, "What about these!?" pointing to the $1 tv dinners. SCORE! So, 3 corn dog, 1 chicken nugget, 1 fried chicken dinner for the Mr, & one chicken fried beef steak for me. Wait a second did I just buy something country fried? Wow, it's subliminal now - you southerners are good!

OK so there's a free bowling game on my daughters chicken strip meal. Nothing on most of the others. Except for mine. What sweepstakes do you think was advertised on my chicken fried steak?



Now as I said before I'm not very PC but cm'on people, Nascar, RV's, only on the chicken fried steak box? Even I'm embarrassed! LOL

Well, gotta go - I've got to enter! ROFL

4 comments:

andie said...

ROFL! Git 'er done!

Rebel said...

For some reason, dh and I got to discussing heat 'n eat dinners. We both remember the old aluminum tray TV dinners that had to cook in the oven FOREVER (pre-microwave days). We have yet to find a heat 'n eat dinner that is as delicious and probably unhealthy as those were. I still remember getting excited if we were having TV dinners....it was a SPECIAL day.

crystal said...

I've seen that box.
Hell, who'm I kidding, it's in my freezer!
Isn't that the epitome of redneck?!

crystal said...

yeah, that was my idea. We just thought it would be easier to get it out to the "burnin' can" that way. You know?,, it's gonna be nice to have someplace to sit on Friday night when we're burnin' the trash. he he he!

Oh the horror. My old neighbors used to do that all the time!