Saturday, December 15, 2007

Time to be cynical again...

So tonight we went to DH's company Christmas party. We didn't go before because they allowed ZERO children, not even of the non-mobile infant sort. So, this was the first year we could go. I already knew it would be awkward and was already hoping they'd forgo the whole party idea in favor of Christmas bonuses. I was going to explain the party in full detail but I think I'll sum it up for you instead.

Do you know what you're sitting in the DR's office and it's crowded and there are people next to you and you feel like you should strike up a conversation but you really don't feel up to it? Yeah, it was like that. Only with undercooked chicken & drunk people everywhere. When I did try to establish rapport the effect was minimial and nobody laughed at my attempts at humor and ask DH, I am funny! DH and I laughed rudely to ourselves the entire evening and had a good time anyway. I mean, no one was mean but the entire evening was just.plain.awkward. Most people didn't want to be there, just like the Drs office. Only with door prizes. Here's what we won, and both the hat and shirt are matching in all their glory. rofl






*sorry, I made him keep the tag on the glasses so I can regift them later* ;-)

They should have stuck with bonuses.

6 comments:

melissa said...

BWAHAHA! I absolutely HATE stuff like that. I usually imagine myself on Seinfeld, and then suddenly it's all fun!

Emily said...

That is awesome!! Too, too funny!! We went to The Dude's company Christmas party once. It was HUGE! yet just as awkward and awful. To top it off it was a real dress-up affair up in NOVA. I.despise.NOVA. Todd & I handled it about like you guys did, a lot of pointing and laughing as I recall.

Dy said...

OK, so what the hell, lady? No phone calls. No email. No contact. Are you dead in an ice floe in the NE? Did you make it? Have a fantastic, crazy, loud, chaotic Christmas? Blog, write, call, SOMETHING! You're missed!

And in protest, I'm going to refuse to send out my Christmas cards until I hear from you! (Or, until I find my stamps... whichever.)

Love you,
Dy

J-Lynn said...

Hey now Dy, don't try to find excuses to cover your proscrastination issues when it comes to Christmas card sending. LOL

We're alive and sort of well, at my moms in Ohio currently. We'll be leaving for home shortly. Our Christmas was very loud, and very chaotic and very crazy. Just like they should be right? ;-)

I haven't spoken to anyone due to the fact that we've each taken a turn on this trip to contract the plague in the form of a terrible stomach virus. It has not been fun. So my only prayer now is our last leg of the journey is virus free and we can drive long hours without stopping for once. *sigh*

It was definately worth it, even with the plague. I'd post pictures but my husband is on his laptop satisfying his World of Warcraft withdrawels right now.

Hugs to you all! Hope your Christmas's were wonderful!

melissa said...

Hope that everyone is well to bring in 2008!! I'll keep checking back.

andie said...

JLYNN, PHONE HOME!