Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dry spell, Jebadiah, & weird places to sleep.

Yeah I think God's next plague for me was writers block. ;-)

So my adorable precocious almost-4-yo daughter with a beautiful classic name comes up to me today with a very serious look on her face. She looked at me very intently with her hands on her hips and said matter-of-factly, "Mommy, please don't call me &*$&* anymore, my new name is Jebadiah".


So we went to see a movie tonight as a family. We got back pretty late, it was around midnight and the kids had fallen asleep on the way home. DH and I carried the really little ones and directed the semi-conscious older 3 towards the house. I went around to tuck and pray and check on them in their beds after we were in for about 5 minutes. Then I realized I couldn't find my middle son. I asked DH if he knew where he was and he said he saw him come into the house and to check our room. He checked the playroom while I checked my room and the other bedroom and still no Middle Son. DH and I ran out front to check and there I saw him. When I get the pictures developed I will definately post them because there he was fast asleep in the driveway! Next to our van looking as comfortable as if he were sleeping on a cloud. After I took a picture or 2 I woke him up and directed him into the house. Tomorrow he will laugh hysterically at himself, he's a good sport.

I love being a mom, even with the surprises. ;-)

1 comment:

Rebel said...

He was asleep in the driveway! Those pictures will be priceless.

So do you have to call her Jebadiah now or will she still answer to ger given name? My parents said that I refused to answer to anything except Bobbie Sue (not my name) for several months around age 3.