Saturday, July 7, 2007

Why this child will never have a diaper rash...

Baby T is changed more often than any of my other children were. Is it because I finally got my act together and realize the minute he's dirty? Nope, that's not it. It's because the child has a strange fascination with p*op (edited to keep the pervies away - hopefully). Every single time he needs to be changed he comes up to me and I hear a slow whine:
Uhhhhh....ohhhhhh...pooooooooooooohhhhhhhhpeyyyyyyyyy.

But that's not it, the entertainment doesn't end there, no siree. When you turn to look at him he'll be wagging, ever so gently one finger with a rather disgusted face and more whining. And at the end of that adorable pudgy little finger is the very thing he's whining about. That's right folks. Every.single.time.

If he was my first child I'd probably be worried about future feti$hes and analyze the crap out of this. But, since he's our 5th we just look, wrinkle our noses, and laugh all the way to the shower for the 3rd time that day.

OK - more than you ever wanted to know I'm sure. The saddest thing about it is I'm really wanting to videotape it - I've become rather desensitized.

2 comments:

andie said...

WHHEEELLLL....

I think you've saved me the guilt over the Reese's cup, now. I'll just leave it riiiigghhht over there.

Michele said...

Now it's my turn ... where are you, girl?? ;)

Abby did the same thing for the longest time. She would flip out when she would poop or pee. I thought we were really close to potty training but put it off since we were leaving for a week and I didn't want to put my mom through that for the 6th time. When we got back I noticed she stopped announcing her poops. Dang. Nice in the sense that she's not saying "UhOh, POPPY!!" in the middle of the mall any more!