Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Found this guy on sale...

Oldest son stuck this barcode on baby T and as with almost everything, he thought it was hysterical. Can you believe how fast time goes by? My baby is 20 months old already. I'm usually already pregnant and puking hourly by now. I don't know what it's like to actually sit and enjoy this stage, it's been a lot of fun. I haven't felt sad about not having anymore which is my inclination that we made the right decision. I've even held 2 newborns and while I loved holding them I didn't wish they were mine to take home and love on like I usually do. They were perfect & gorgeous but something has changed inside of me. It's bittersweet but not painful like I thought it would be.

So this year I'm looking forward to doing more sit down work and field trips! I'm debating whether or not to start a co-op class. I'm still up in the air on curriculums and for now will continue to piece together what I have to make for a very eclectic learning experience for both the kids and I. So far I've used an old curriculum my aunt gave me called "Bible Footprints" (no longer in print as far as I can tell) for the kids Bible along with that book Leading Little Ones to God which I love. For math we'll continue our awesome & never disappointing journey with Math-U-See (get a free demo). My aunt has recommended a few grammar & phonics ideas and I think along with Explode the Code we'll use Easy Grammar & Daily Grams. I've also been using and really like Map Skills. For our history this year I'm going to try the infamous Story of the World. I didn't like it a few years back when I looked at it but when I looked again at Dy's house I really, really liked it.

Except a few random homemade flashcards and some of those SAMS Club workbooks that's our future year in a nutshell. Add some rich literature and some of the really silly fun stuff to read and I think we'll do just fine on our own. I really like piecing my stuff together.

Oh, I've had my oldest do some diagnostic testing for the "fun of it" (ha - he said his brain was exploding) and I was pretty pleased with the free testing online there. They tell you what you need to work on and what "level" he's at in different subjects. It's nice to have that as security for us so we feel like we're doing alright. ;-)

Well, that's it in a long winded nutshell. I feel much better writing that all out really, thanks! ;-)

So anyway isn't T just the sweetest thing?

4 comments:

Needleroozer said...

He really is, Jess. I cannot believe how fast he has grown!
Your plan sounds great!
Now that mine are teenagers, I can really let go and enjoy other people's babies. It is much more bittersweet for me now than it was when they were little. Then I KNEW I didn't want any more. Now I sometimes wonder what it would have been like to have one more, but I am ultimately glad I didn't.
LB

andie said...

LB, if you ever want to find out what The World of Three holds, I have some I can offer out on loan...


You sound so peaceful, Jess! Good for you. It's so nice when everything *feels* right, isn't it?

Rebel said...

I love piecing stuff together too.

Tristan is NOT 20 months old. Nope, don't care when his birthday is. I refuse to believe it! He was JUST born.

KJ and I are still planning our going visiting trip, but have had to move it to September.

melissa said...

It really is hard to believe that he is that big already! As for having babies, I loved it. But I love this too. There is still so much to experience and to share. It's all good!