Monday, March 31, 2008

Adventures

I just got back from a weekend in Boston to be with my childhood friend, *M*. We were thinking it wasn't possible that were have known each other since we were 4 years old then she found an old picture of us and the date on the back put us at 5 years old in the picture. So, we really have been friends that long, it seems surreal. We spent the weekend meeting new people, getting massages, shopping, and my personal favorite; watching old home movies of ourselves and laughing so hard we should have worn depends. ;-)

There were both great times and tragic times during our trip (our mutual friends father passed away this weekend) but it's a trip I'll keep with me always. I'm going to be posting various stories and pictures from the trip because when you're travelling without children there are LOTS Of things to observe and take pictures of. LOL

So, look for the posts, I can't promise any today but I will post some.

3 comments:

Dy said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to hear all about the trip, and am so glad you had the opportunity to go. You, um, have thanked Geo properly for watching the kids this weekend, haven't you? ;-)

Love you!
Dy

melissa said...

WOW! That sounds like an awesome trip! Can't wait to hear about it and see the pictures. You probably walked around the whole time feeling as if you had forgotten something without the kiddos being there. LOL!
.....And, good heavens....without the kids what DID you find to talk about?!

Michelle said...

I ask one favor...Don't mention the gum spitting!

I am so happy that you came to Boston. My memories of why I was there will soon be forgotten. I just want to dig a hole and move on. But, I will never forget sharing that time with you. Your friendship & love helped me realize why I am fighting this cancer thing! I do know that I want more 2 armed movies & I want to have more unforgettable moment's with you and our families.
I love you so much. Thanks for being a wonderful friend & sister.
About the video's........oh that poor bird!