Monday, March 17, 2008

Yum!

Take a look at my dinner tonight:







Clockwise from the top: Apricot ball, Sushi, Granola with Cacao nibs,
Fresh fruit (watermelon, mango, pineapple), and Mushroom "steak" (marinated) with
Red peppers, Broccoli, and Onion. :-)

What makes this meal so unique (to me) is that it's all RAW. I went to a raw food class tonight with my friend. Let me tell you folks, I'm a very picky eater, especially when it comes to healthy stuff. But it was GOOD!!! I really started researching and realizing that what I put into my body is supposed to fuel it, not just fill it. I'm trying to keep that in mind lately.

I started with making green smoothies. You know that saying "if everyone was jumping off a bridge would you do it?". Well, everyone around me was drinking green smoothies and I was happy to join in. I've seen drastic changes in weight, attitude, and overall health in my friends. That's one bridge I'm happy to jump off with them. ;-) My kids will try it everytime (I always ask them to try once and recite lines from Dr. Suess' Green Eggs & Ham until they do). But so far only my oldest will drink them regularly, and he's my most picky eater, go figure! I'd like to talk more about them but I'm feeling very uninspired right now so if you have any questions/comments feel free to ask!

Oh and I'm reading Digging your Grave with a Knife & Forkby Mike Huckabee right now. I'm really enjoying it!




8 comments:

Rebel said...

Love the last pic!

What's in a green smoothie?

Anonymous said...

How do you get yours so green! lol Mine are more a red, violet, brownish color...(mmmm...how appetizing! LOL)

But I put in:
Organic baby spinach
Beet
Red cabbage
carrot
celery (your favorite! lol)
pineapple juice
pineapple chunks
kiwi
apple
banana
strawberry
blueberry
mango
cinnamon
and if I ever remember, the milled flax

Hmmm...can you add too much? LOL
I did have to stop the spring mix, it was just too much for me...like your dh said "grazing" LOL

I will have to try yours one day!
Love n hugs

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J-Lynn said...

We do it a little different every time so far. The one in the picture has:

* Baby Spinach
* 1 apple
* 2 oranges
* chunk of ginger
* half a lime
* a few pieces of canned pineapple and some of the juice.

Plus ice of course! I think that's it.

I don't care for the texture with the banana in it. And we haven't tried strawberries yet. I haven't used beets yet either, it's probably the red stuff that makes your brownish. I want to try carrots soon too.

I saw a really neat smoothie book at Pier 1 today, I may go back and buy it!

melissa said...

Oh MY! It all looks and sounds wonderful!!! No doubt you'll see a huge change in your energy level as well if you keep eating like this....ooooo...and your skin! "Eating for fuel"- you got it right on the money!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Konkadoo said...

Mmmm... I make green smoothies all the time and the kids thing it's a big treat. I get a little redundant though. I should try to do something more crazy sometime.

Maria said...

HI there, I found your blog via soliloquy...and I had to add that I LOVE green smoothies! I try to eat raw..."try" is the key word here..last year I was raw for three months and I can't even begin to tell you the incredible way I felt and looked. AWESOME.

Nice to find your blog!