Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"The Dress"

OK so my eldest readers will remember the dress I was sentenced to wear from one of my best friends wedding back home in NY. I fasted sugar, exercised more, changed my whole lifestyle. I didn't want to be that girl. I lost 3 inches but I was still bigger than most the girls but it really didn't matter. I felt great, was secure with myself for once and had a wonderful time watching one of my old friends get married in a very Christian wedding. It was a huge blessing.

I'd like to say I have pictures but I don't, not yet anyway. But I do have a picture of myself with 2 of my other best friends from back home.


"M" is the blonde and has been my best friend since we were 4 years old and we remained close until a few years back when life just took us seperate ways for awhile. We had a chance to reunite and bond and it means the world to both of us to be in each others lives again so fully. Her brothers were the ones I never had, I got to have dinner with her and her middle brother as well - great times! "N" is the black haired girl in the picture on the far right. She lost her mother last year suddenly to cancer and has dedicated her life to helping others with weight and nutrition struggles. She's amazing! And of course, I'm the brunette on the left, can you tell I was having the time of my life with them? They're like sisters to me. And I had just gotten back from a wedding of another girl who is like a sister to me, and her family who refer to me as their adopted daughter. I was never so happy to be back home as this trip. I felt like who I was and who I am was finally blended into one and all was right with the world.

Of course with a dozen or so socialization questions about homeschooling thrown in. ;-)

Hugs,
J

No comments: