Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Darndest things they say

Ow - ow - ow - ow - ow (said by me typing with a cut fingertip - serated knives hurt)

Ok so here's a small collection of the cute things the kids have said this week, in our own bizarre way.

At the dinner table: The kids are all stating to each other (again) where they were born (yeah, we're nomads). *I* who is now 4 pipes up to say excitedly to everyone, "I was born in a kitty bowl!". Errrrrr that would be KIDDIE POOL honey. But some people believe homebirthers would do anything I guess. lol

Our 10yo son, *R* and I were having a rather deep discussion in the car about courtship and marriage and the importance of being sure you are both ready and right for each other BEFORE making a big decision like marriage. I said as you get older life gets harder sometimes and you really need a friend in your spouse. He said, "like when you have children?". I said yes, I thought some parts of having children were difficult sometimes. He thinks for a moment and replies, "Yeah, I imagine it's especially emotionally difficult at times". WTH? Who replaced him with someone smarter than ME?!?! lol

Finally, this is where I may lose some of you. I've breastfed a baby for the last 10 years OK? Keep that in mind folks. It's like changing diapers around here, we're all sooooooooo used to it. In fact, when *T* weans it will be odd! So anyway I'm helping CJ (6yo now) get some splinters out of his hand. I said "Sorry baby" when I saw him flinch and he wanted to know why I called him baby. I told him because even though he's big he'll always be my baby. Even when he's grown he'll be my baby. He looks up at me and completely take me by surprise by asking, "So can I nurse then?" Er NO you cannot honey, you're way too big for that. To that he replies, "I promise I won't bite" Umm yeah, it would be disturbing if nursing wasn't the norm around here. LOL Oh and of COURSE I politely refused - that even creeps me out. lol

So that's it for the week so far. We are fighting illnesses again but we're at the end of it I think. We're tired of being sick!

Hope to write more soon...
Jess

1 comment:

Rebel said...

LOL Those are so cute! That quote from 'R' is amazing.