Monday, September 17, 2007

A typical day out...

The following conversation took place at the Post Office last week:

PO Worker: Hey kids, did you have a good day at school today?

Kids (a few in unison): We're homeschooled

Mom: *grimace* (plastering smile)

PO Worker: Oh, well, did you have a good day?

Kids: Yeah

Post Worker: What did you do today?

Oldest 2: We didn't do ANY work

Mom: *sigh*

PO Worker: (puzzled look)

Mom: Today was actually cleaning and errand day

PO Worker: Ohhhhhhhh did mom make you help clean?

Kids: (grumbling) Yes, we had to clean a lot.

PO Worker: Well, that's sort of like school then.

-----------------------------

Same Post Office, same visit.

PO WorkerHow old are you guys?

Kids: All giving their ages

DD7: And mom is...

Mom: (insert dd7's name here in a warning tone)

PO Worker: After women get to a certain age it's not polite to tell it to anyone

DD7: She's 29!

DS10: (to his sister) Next time just say "She's old".

Mom: *sigh*

---------------------------------------

And yes, I know 29 is young (even though in kid years I'm a dinosaur) which is precisely why I don't like to share it! Envision frazzled woman with 5 dishelveled children proclaiming they've done no work today. Don't forget there are 3 different hair colors in my brood, 2 blues eyed, 2 brown eyed, and 1 hazel. Add my age in and people probably start thinking they've seen me on one of Maury Povich's "Who's yer daddy" segments.

7 comments:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

LMAO

Whenever anybody asks where Joshua got his blonde hair, Ernie always says, "Oh, I travel a lot."

The Johnson Family said...

Don't worry I have as many kids and am a year younger then you. Oh and for some reason everyone tells me that Allie looks just like me weird.

Rebel said...

I know I SHOULD be nice, but I would have loved to be there just so I could make sarcastic comments. *snicker*

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! You are so funny and have such good stories!! and ways of telling them!
Hugs
:-) Lisa

Dy said...

ROFL!

Zorak usually claims they're all his, but he's not sure which ones are mine. :-S

Dy

andie said...

You mean...that wasn't you? All this time...

JUST KIDDING!

Anonymous said...

Shhhhh don't give away my secrets Andie!!! ;-)

J